This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Casanova Tour

Lufthansa City Center

Telephone: +39 0415224566
Fax:
+39 041 / 5224723 - 041 / 5221986
Email:
info@casanovatour.eu

S. Croce 466/E,
30135 Venice
Italy

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday 09.00 to 18.00, Saturday 09.00 to 13.00

Casanova Tour

Arsenale di Venezia

The Arsenale was the largest production center in the pre-industrial era and in full-time periods it had up to 2,000 workers a day. It was a huge complex of construction sites where the Serenissima fleets were built and, therefore, a symbol of economic power, politics and military of the city. Since 1980 the Arsenale has become the exhibition site of La Biennale on the occasion of the 1st International Architecture Exhibition. Later on, the same spaces were used during the Art Expositions for the Open section. 

The Venetian Arsenal is a complex of former shipyards and armories clustered together in the city of Venice.

It was "one of the earliest large-scale industrial enterprises in history" and the biggest area of the city of Venice covering almost 15% of the territory. Here were build the war ship for the Venetian Republic, averaging 1 boat a day. 

In the Arsenale we have several pavillions that function as event venues.

Palazzo Flangini

Palazzo Flangini is an exclusive residence particularly suitable for hosting art exhibitions, private and corporate events.

Recently restored, Palazzo Flangini unfolds on two floors: the ground floor, il fondaco, with a central hall, the main floor, il
portego, with a living room decorated with stucco and paintings of the nineteenth century, a gallery decorated with a white marble fountain and two lateral rooms with frescoed ceilings.

The recent restoration allowed to recover decorations and frescos and also to upgrade all the supplies and facilities. This building is suitable for hosting temporary exhibitions or private and corporate events.

Palazzo Flangini hosts cocktails, dinners and private events, as well as cultural initiatives (performances, exhibitions and concerts).

Fondaco dei Tedeschi

First constructed in 1228, and located at the foot of the Rialto Bridge across from the fish market, the Fondaco dei Tedeschi is one of Venice’s largest and most recognizable buildings. Depicted by Canaletto and other masters, and photographed countless times as the impressive but anonymous backdrop of the Rialto bridge, the Fondaco stands as a mute witness of the Venetian mercantile era, its role diminished with the progressive depopulation of Venice.

Connecting with the original vocation of the edifice, Fondaco dei Tedeschi features an exceptional collection of luxury products from major brands. Discerning visitors to Venice will find an inspiring array of fashion and accessories, jewelry and watches, wines and spirits, fragrances and beauty products. In addition, the T Fondaco proposes a carefully curated selection of locally handcrafted artisan products.

Ca' Giustinian

Overlooking the San Marco Basin, the head office of La Biennale di Venezia is an historical palace among the most representative of the Venetian late Gothic style. The palace, originally called "dei Giustinian", was built around 1471 and is the result of the union of two different buildings: Giustinian and Badoer-Tiepolo. It has been the subject of important renovations between 2008 and 2009. The interiors of the palace are accessible on request and are characterized by essential lines and neutral colors combined with decorative shapes and colors typical of contemporary design. The rooms have been completed with selected artistic works of Art, placed in order to enhance the relationship between Art and space. Light is the other characterizing element of the location.

Fondazione Cini

Fondazione Cini

The Giorgio Cini Foundation is the conference center located on the island in front of St Mark’s Square, the biggest in the historical center. It was constituted by Vittorio Cini, in memory of his son Giorgio, with the aim of restoring the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore and of creating an international cultural centre that would re-integrate the Island into the life of Venice.

Alongside the Foundation’s commitment to its own research and the conferences and seminars growing out of this work, the Island welcomes events sponsored by distinguished cultural and scientific organisations. It has even been the site of major international summits (most importantly the G7 in 1980 and 1987).

The role of the Fondazione Giorgio Cini is attested by the many highly esteemed intellectuals, artists, politicians and economists who have been involved in its programme, and by the recollections of scholars and guests who have spent time on the Island.

La Fenice

La Fenice Theatre is an opera house in Venice and it is one of "the most famous and renowned landmarks in the history of Italian theatre", and in the history of opera as a whole.

Especially in the 19th century, La Fenice became the site of many famous operatic premieres at which the works of several of the four major bel canto era composers – Rossini, Bellini, Donizetti, Verdi – were performed.

Its name reflects its role in permitting an opera company to "rise from the ashes" despite losing the use of three theatres to fire, the first in 1774 after the city's leading house was destroyed and rebuilt but not opened until 1792; the second fire came in 1836, but rebuilding was completed within a year. However, the third fire was the result of arson. It destroyed the house in 1996 leaving only the exterior walls, but it was rebuilt and re-opened in November 2004.

Palazzo del Cinema

The Palazzo del Cinema at the Lido of Venice, an island in front of St Mark’s Square 10-minute boat ride away,is the main headquarters for the Venice International Film Festival. Built in record time in the Modernist style of the time, it was inaugurated on August 10th 1937 for the fifth edition of the Festival.

Compared to the rhetorical monumentality of the nearby Casinò, the Palazzo del Cinema, which features a Hall and a 1000-seat screening room, is a synthesis of Rationalist models.

Close by there is the Excelsior hotel built in the Belle Epoque where all the famous films stars resides.

Hilton Molino Stuky

Once a flourishing flourmill, Hilton Molino Stucky Venice has been beautifully restored and offers a different view of the magical city of Venice. Recognized internationally as one of the most representative symbols of Italian industrial architecture, is just 30 minutes from the airport and offer a shuttle boat service to the city center.

With 379 rooms and suites, the largest Congress Center and the second largest spa in Venice, a collection of bars and restaurants and a stunning rooftop pool, this hotel is the perfect location for your stay in Venice.

Teatro Malibran

The theater of S. Giovanni Grisostomo (the original name derives from the homonymous parish in whose vicinity it was located) was built in just four months,opened in 1678 and conceived to be the most important in Venice and intended for lyric performances.
Although at the end of the seventeenth century in Venice there were as many as 18 theaters, this immediately gained a place of primary interest for the Venetian public, being "the largest, the most beautiful and the richest in the city" but was tottaly restaured. 
This theater, which since 1835 had assumed the name of theater Malibran, from the name of the great singer who had sung the Sonnambula here, was bought by the Municipality, and became a cinema.

 

 

 

Ca' Zenobio

In the Dorsoduro district, a few steps from Campo Santa Margherita and the Carmini church, a late-Baroque palace, Ca 'Zenobio, overlooks the river. Sober outside, sumptuous inside and vaguely intriguing, so much so that in recent years it has become the perfect location for private balls parties and banquets.
The garden extends bright on the back and invisible from the outside, almost like a country villa.
The ballroom is located on the first floor of the building but also covers the second, called "hall of mirrors". In this room you suddenly find yourself projected into a different dimension, like entering a party. The decoration is redundant, the stuccos, the gold, the false perspectives, the shelves, the swirls, the festoons and the medallions, everything is designed for parties. And the sense of unity and harmony is really special.

Capacity: 200 pax ( 150 pax in the mirror room and 50 people to be split in other 5 rooms)

Auditorium Santa Margherita

The Auditorium is a historic building of the ninth century, once dedicated to Santa Margherita, now used as a theatre. Of the frescoes that adorned it, remains the precious painting of the ceiling depicting the martyrdom of the saint. 

The homonymous field in which it is located is one of the liveliest places in the city, easily and quickly reached from Piazzale Roma and from the railway station.

The venue, with a capacity of 237 people, a large stage equipped with lighting systems, a control room with a shooting system and modernized installations, is suitable for hosting large events such as theater and film shows, congresses, conferences and international seminars.

 

 

Pisani Moretta Palace

Built in the mid-400 and facing the Canal Grande, Pisani Moretta Palace is one of the most important examples of Gothic style in Venice. A major restoration has brought Pisani Moretta Palace, back to its former glory, discovering the beautiful paintings by Giambattista Tiepolo (in the Ballroom) and Jacopo Guarana. The two entrance gates of Pisani Moretta Palace, introduce guests into evocative of Baroque style halls.

Pisani Moretta Palace is famous for beeing the setting of several commercials, but especially for the gala parties that often take place there, such as the mask party during Carnival celebrations in Venice. It can offer 6 meeting rooms and the capacity of the main room is up to 220 people, in the main hall, other 250 people in the others rooms.

Scuola Grande Della Misericordia

A unique building of its kind, set in a fascinating area where the magnificent achievements of Venetian architecture meet the waters of the lagoon.

The building was founded as a complex space for communication: even before its transformation into a multifunctional place, it was an example of prestige and innovation, as desired by Doge Gritti.

Today, the Misericordia is a fluid space where history and culture interact with the surrounding area. A space of about 26,000 cubic metres spread over two floors, highly qualified and technologically advanced building which revives the Scuola’s ancient vocation of hospitality, with a modern approach.

Ca Vendramin Calergi

Ca' Vendramin Calergi

The heart of Casinò di Venezia beats on the Grand Canal in Ca' Vendramin Calergi, the sophisticated theatre of the most classic games. In 1638 the Casinò di Venezia quickly established itself as the centre of entertainment of international notoriety while in the 1950s it moved to this location. A perfect example of a renaissance style stately home, once the residence of the doges and Richard Wagner’s last dwelling place, it is one of the most elegant buildings overlooking the Grand Canal.

Casinò di Venezia offers truly unique forms of entertainment. Inside it is possible to find tables dedicated to Roulette games, traditional card games such as Black Jack and Caribbean Poker as well as the most spectacular slot machines. You can dine at the renowned Wagner Restaurant, which occupies the colourful rooms of the Palazzo, the Functions Room on the main floor and the magical garden overlooking the Grand Canal.

Admission to the gaming rooms and tables: visitors should dress respectably, men are advised to use the jackets (these can be hired free of charge from the cloakroom). Admission to the slot machine rooms on the ground floor: a jacket is not compulsory, but visitors should dress respectably and should not wear clothing that is overly casual, such as short trousers, sleeveless shirts, mules etc.

Ridotto Theatre Hall

The ancient building was first leased in XVII century to the State, that made it a public casino. The placed opened in Carnival and was run by fallen nobility that forced everyone to wear a mask, excluding dealers.

Although the place had acquired European fame, it was closed repeatedly. In recent times the space hosted the Cinema Modernissimo and after that the Teatro del Ridotto, called like this for the few seats there were available in the room. The theater used to host very important acting companies and high level performances for wealthy people.

Now it is part of the Hotel Monaco and Canal Grande and it hosts special events (conferences, festivals, concerts and banquets), but if you ask at the reception you can still visit it for free: immediately upon entering, through a scenic internal staircase, you arrive to the main floor to get into a magnificent central hall surrounded by eight other locations. The walls and ceiling reveal rich decorations in imitation of colored marble, with mirrors and elaborate festoons of flowers, ribbons, scrolls and shells in stucco.

Ridotto main hall 213  sq mt capacity 250 pax